America is Exceptional!
- The only nation to institutionalize the inequality of women, blacks, and non-landowning men in its Constitution.
- Hijacked the name of two entire continents as its nickname.
- The only nation to ever have over 700 military bases in over 130 nations and a military budget that equals that of all other nations combined.
- The only nation to target and bomb innocent civilians using nuclear weapons-over 200,000 non-combatants killed with only two bombs!
- The only industrialized nation who thinks that medical care is an opportunity to make insurance corporations wealthy rather than a moral responsibility. This is a good trade, because in exchange for the free to choice (for those who actually have a choice) we get a system that is more expensive and a population that is less healthy than other industrialized nations. Oh, and corporations can employ their massive legal teams to make sure that they really only cover you as long as they’re making good money off of you, then deny care when you’re a risk to their bottom line.
- Only 5% of the world’s population but consumes the highest percentage of the world’s natural resources (including 25% of energy, 1/3 of all autos, and 25 tons of raw material per person per year).
- One of the highest ratio of police to citizens, and yet the highest percentage of their population in prison. The U.S. is 5% of the world’s population, but has 25% of the world’s prison population.
And, while America doesn’t have the worst income inequality, it’s still pretty exceptional in that area…and getting better at an exponential rate.
I can’t figure out if it’s because of America’s exceptional moral character and faith that God has blessed her so much, or because God is just really nice. To us, I mean. Not them.